We’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with M Group Health to bring access to healthcare in time for open enrollment!
Our mission is to bring healthcare to independent contractors, but we didn’t want exclude anyone, so we’ve made these plans available to anyone who wants to sign up! Make sure to do it soon if you still need coverage, open enrollment ends December 15.
Signing up is easy, just head to the M Group site!
As those who have been following us know, this is just the beginning. We are still working hard to bring group-plan health insurance to independent contractors. Currently, we are in the process of forming an Association Health Plan that will allow us to provide group-plan insurance for people with a similar trade or location.
We have put together an approximate timeline* for this project. We will continue keeping you updated on our progress as we strive to bring great insurance to the gig economy at a more affordable rate than anywhere else!
Q4 2018 -
- Thor completes legal analysis regarding ACA Rule changes
- Thor registers non-profit Association within ERISA, IRS and state rules
- Board is formed and begins drafting of by-laws
- Develop summary plan descriptions
- Draft administrative services agreement
- Thor begins negotiation with insurance companies to underwrite plan and provide coverage
- Thor unveils Thor Care and begins open-enrollment by the November 1, 2019 deadline.
*subject to change depending on legal and regulatory considerations